Why Gas-Powered Hedge Trimmers?
With the increasing clamor for noise-free and pollution-free garden equipment, why should you still get a gas hedge trimmer?
The answer is simple – because it is the right product for your needs. Though electric trimmers have gone a long way since they were first introduced, they still lack the power that gas hedgers can provide. They are still faster, last longer, run longer, and are designed for larger areas.
Truth be told, the professionals still trust gas hedge trimmers. So why shouldn’t you?
VIDEO: Electric vs Gas-Powered Hedgers
Nothing can demonstrate the difference of electric and gas hedge trimmers better than a video. So when we came across this video from MonkeySee, we didn’t think twice in including it here.
Watch the video carefully and decide whether or not a gas model is for you. The speaker says gas-powered hedgers eliminate the use of an electric cord, so there is no limit to where you can go.
On the other hand, electric hedgers are much quieter and they eliminate the need to mix (or spill) gas or oil.
Best-Rated Gas Hedge Trimmers Available Online
There are several brands on the market today. But not all of these names are created equal. So to save you time, we did the research for you and came up with a list of the best-rated gas hedge trimmers today. We’ve considered consumer feedback, rating, number of reviews, and comments.
1. Husqvarna 122HD60
From the makers of quality power tools, the Husqvarna 122HD60 boasts a smart-start engine, a carburetor air purge system, and an adjustable rear handle.
Other main features of the product include the following:
– 21.7cc gas engine (5-cycle)
– 23.7in dual action stainless steel blades
– LowVib (anti-vibration feature)
– spring-assist starting
– 10.8 pounds
From the features, here are the expected benefits.
First, this product’s spring-assist start feature makes pulling the start cord a breeze. Second, it’s LowVib feature is expected to reduce vibration so the user will not feel tired easily. Third, the 10.8-pound weight is lightweight that the user can trim tall hedges with ease.
But the question is, are these promises met?
According to consumers, here are the pros and cons of the Husqvarna 122HD60.
– low noise; surprisingly quiet for a gas-powered model
– easy to use
– low vibration
– sharp blades and make quick work of thicker branches
– cutting bar has a much wider throat, which can handle larger limbs
– slightly more costly than other hedgers
– One consumer said he had to purchase a $30-carburetor adjusting tool to get it started.
2. Poulan Pro PP2822
Boasting a 28-cc engine, the Poulan Pro PP2822 has been consistently praised by consumers for its ease of use, quality construction, and quality cut.
Other main features of the product include the following: 22-inch dual-sided and serrated blades, a new swivel position / rotating handle, spring-assisted start feature, and a weight of 18.43 pounds.
These features promise two main benefits. First, the handles are specifically designed to reduce vibration so you won’t get tired easily. Second, the cutting blades are made from hardened steel for greater durability.
These are the pros and cons pointed out by consumers about the Poulan Pro PP2822.
– Cuts through the hardest of hedges; cuts clean
– The swivel handle is a useful feature especially for trimming vertically.
– Low vibration
– Fuel efficient
– For a non-professional user, this unit may be too heavy to endure for long periods of use.
– May be a little heavy especially if one cuts over shoulder heights
– Exhaust fumes can low back towards the user
– Some consumers have complained of the product’s “fragile blades,” but with warranty, these can be replaced
More Reviews and Best-Rated Hedge Trimmers Here...
- Poulan Pro PP2822 Review – Is This Gas-Powered Hedge Trimmer Worth It?
- Best-Rated Cordless Hedge Trimmers – Top Picks
- Best-Rated Electric Hedge Trimmers – Top Picks
- What is the Best String Trimmer? Our Top 7 Picks
- What is the Best Black and Decker Hedge Trimmer?
- What is the Best Trimmer for Tall Hedges?
- Most Lightweight Hedge Trimmers – Top Consumer Picks
- Worx vs Black and Decker Trimmer – Read Our Detailed Comparison