In most of our reviews, we have featured trimmers for hedges or shrubs. You’ve compared these power tools, and you have probably bought one of them yourself.
Here, we’d like to give you the top-rated and best hand-held trimmers available today. Another name for these tools is “grass shears” or “cordless grass shear.” These are mini devices that help you manicure your lawn, edge weeds, and trim your topiaries. They are battery-operated, very portable, and weigh only approximately 2 pounds.
Handheld Trimmer Brands Available
Let’s start by giving you this section for the brands of grass shears available online. Manufacturers include the following. Take note that some brands such as Gardena and Black and Decker have more than one model available on their catalogue.
Best Hand-Held Trimmers – Top 3 Picks
So among the trimmers and brands featured on this page, which ones are top-rated by previous buyers? What is the best handheld trimmer? Here are our top three picks based on consumer ratings, feedback, and comments.
The Gardena 8893 is a series of top-rated cordless grass shears that include the following top-rated models: 8893 Accu 100, 8893 Accu 80, and 8893-U. This series sits on top of our list because of its consistently high consumer rating and positive feedback. If you’ve tried to shop for grass shears, you know that this score is a rarity.
What makes these Gardena models a stand out? According to the consumer feedback and comments, here are the pros and cons of the Gardena 8893.
– The ability to change the angle of the handle is definitely a plus because you’ll definitely be tackling jobs that require finding the right angles.
– The drawback is that these models are more expensive than other brands, but as what other buyers have said, it’s worth the money. They “cut like a dream,” are comfortable to hold, and “never tugs.”
Teho’s Garden Maintenance Kit (model 7258)
This 4-volt Lithium-Ion cordless garden maintenance kit from TEHO has the ability to switch from pruner to trimmer or shear. It’s compact, light, and has a 40-minute run-time.
Pros and cons of this product as provided by consumers include the following: recharges to full power quickly; lightweight; to constantly use this trimmer, you’ll have to constantly press down two buttons during the operation; compact size
The WORX WG800.1 weighs 3 pounds, features an overmold soft grip handle, and has a battery charging indicator.
According to consumers, the WG800.1 is lightweight and easy to use. The only drawback is that although this grass shear works find but the blades may not be powerful enough to shape or trim your hedges.
More Reviews and Best-Rated Hedge Trimmers Here...
- Best Factory-Reconditioned Hedge Trimmers
- What is the Best Greenworks Cordless Hedge Trimmer?
- Best-Rated Cordless Hedge Trimmers – Top Picks
- Earthwise CVPH41018 Review – Is This 2-in-1 Tool a Good Choice?
- Top-Rated Hedge Trimmers Under $100
- What is the Best String Trimmer? Our Top 7 Picks
- Weed Eater H5 Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review (20V)
- Best-Rated Electric Hedge Trimmers – Top Picks