Earthwise is not a “common brand.” But if you take a look at the company’s product lines, they have produced several best-selling and top-rated power tools such as lawn mowers and electric garden cultivators.
The Earthwise CVPH41018 is an electric (or corded) hedge trimmer whose unique feature includes a convertible pole that transforms this machine into a 2-in-1 tool. The pole extends so you can trim or prune taller shrubs, and with a push of a button, it can automatically transform into a handheld 18-inch blade to trim your hedges.
In this Earthwise CVPH41018 review, we tell you whether this tool is a good choice. In a hurry? Check out the Earthwise CVPH41018!
Key Features, Specs, and Benefits of the Earthwise CVPH41018
- 2.8 Amp motor
- 5 position rotating head
- 18 in. cutting blade length
- 3 in. cutting blade width
- 0.75 in. cutting blade gap
- 16 ft. maximum extension cord length
- 11.25 lbs., product weight
- with cord lock
- extends up to 12 feet
As a 2-in-1 tool, the Earthwise CVPH41018 eliminates the need for ladders, which can sometimes contribute to accidents caused by falling. And because it’s a versatile machine, this is the ideal tool for DIYers. Not only will you get the job done in minutes, but you will also save money.
NOTE, however, that unlike gas-powered machines, corded or electric hedgers are not as powerful. Aside from that, you’ll have to deal with extension cords, which can get tangled, and the hassle of finding the nearest socket.
VIDEO: Unboxing the Earthwise CVPH41018 and Demonstration
In the video below, you’ll see the Earthwise CVPH41018’s parts fresh from the package. The speaker also gives us a little demonstration of the product.
Our Analysis of the Earthwise CVPH41018 2-in-1 Hedge Trimmer
From consumer feedback, comments, and ratings published in major online retailers, we present our analysis of the Earthwise CVPH41018.
– Weight. The manufacturers may have good intentions when designing this machine, but consumers have pointed out issues about the weight. They noted that it can tire you out quickly especially if you’ll have to do a lengthy job pruning / trimming tall shrubs.
– Hard to Reach Areas. The CVPH41018 does a good job trimming hard-to-reach and tall shrubs without using a ladder. But again, the weight can be a disadvantage.
– Actual Dimensions. Consumers have sent in their measurements, which do not comply with what was advertised. The blade is not 18 inches, but is actually only 15 inches long. Also, the length of the pole is just 6.5 inches, which is less than the 10-12 inches as advertised.
– Noise. It’s not louder than any other electric hedge trimmers.
– Power Switch Lock-on. The product doesn’t have this feature, so you can’t rely on it to reduce friction fatigue.
– Motor. Although it can’t be compared to gas models, the CVPH41018 is a powerful hedge trimmer. It can cut through bushes and small branches with ease.
The Earthwise CVPH41018 is not a substitute for gas-powered models, and is definitely not for the professional gardener. But it gets the job done, which a DIYer will be happy about. If you plan on buying a hedge trimmer that you’ll most likely to use 2 or 3 times in a year, this product is for you.
More Reviews and Best-Rated Hedge Trimmers Here...
- Earthwise HT10024 Electric Hedge Trimmer Reviewed
- Remington RM5124TH Hedge Trimmer Review
- Black & Decker HH2455 Review – Is This Worth it?
- Mantis DEHT19 Review
- What is the Best Greenworks Cordless Hedge Trimmer?
- Worx WG209 Review (Hedge Trimmer and Pruner)
- Reviewed: Makita UH6570 25-Inch Electric Hedge Trimmer
- Oregon HT250 Hedge Trimmer Review