From the makers of best-selling power equipment such as trimmers and chain saws comes the Poulan Pro PP2822. This is a gas-powered hedge trimmer that boasts a 28cc-engine, a 22-inch cutting length, and dual-sided blades.
The PP2822 seems to be on everyone’s lips. But is this worth it? This review gives you a straightforward, no-nonsense answer.
In a hurry? Jump right in and check out the Poulan Pro PP2822 hedge trimmer here.
What You Need to Know About the PP2822 That Only Consumers Can Tell You
First, let’s take a good look at the key specifications of the PP2822. According to the official description, this product has the following key features.
- 22-inch, dual-sided, rotating blades
- steel blades
- 28cc 2-stroke engine
- lightweight design
- recoil starter
- CARB compliant
- reduced vibration handle
- spring-assisted starter
Impressive features, but… wait!
What about key information that is not written in the product’s description? Fortunately, we have these added info that can help you picture out the product better.
- Poulan Pro is owned by Husqvarna. As a result, we can assume that these companies share the same technologies. If you trust Husqvarna, you can give out a sigh of relief with Poulan Pro.
- From one consumer, 2 gallons of fuel is about 30 hours.
- Some users have some issues with the Poulan Pro PP2822 blades, but according to some, you need to oil them before use and keep them oiled to prevent clogging.
- Poulan Pro PP2822 weight is 18.43 pounds. This may feel a little heavy at first, but it’s well-balanced that anyone can use it with ease.
- The exhaust is located on the left side, so if you are right-handed, you might want to consider other models.
- The lack of trigger lock can lead to a noisy startup.
What Consumers Love About the PP2822
– Swivel handle
Consumers praise the PP2822’s swivel / adjustable handle. It makes cutting low vertical bushes easy and fast. You can also easily shape your bushes the way you want it.
– Little vibration
Designed to keep you as comfortable as possible even during extended use, the PP2822 gives off little vibration to make sure you don’t get tired easily.
This trimmer gets the job done. It’s very powerful and it cuts through thick branches without slowing down or stopping.
Common Complaints About the Poulan Pro PP2822
– Direction of the exhaust
As previously mentioned, this gas-powered hedge trimmer is not for right-handed individuals. The direction of the exhaust can be an issue. Want to try other models? Get one of the best-rated cordless hedge trimmers.
Just like any gas-powered trimmer, the PP2822 can be noisy for you. For extended operations, you’re strongly recommended to wear ear protection.
– Heavy especially for beginners and electric-trimmer users
If you’re going to buy a gas-powered trimmer such as this model, expect that it’s heavier than electric or cordless models. If you have hedges over 5 feet tall, you might find it heavy on the arms, back, and shoulders. But the good thing about the PP2822 is that, as one consumer has pointed out, its weight is well-balanced. Over time, you can adapt to the weight and be comfortable.
VERDICT: Poulan Pro PP2822 Gas Hedge Trimmer Reviews
Based on these ratings found on online retailers, the Poulan Pro PP2822 is a generally good buy. Some consumers have complained about their blades and other defects.
BUT… in general,
if you are looking for a cheaper alternative for a $300-Stihl, consider the PP2822. It has plenty of power, it starts easily, and the swivel handle adds to the convenience of your trimming operation.
More Reviews and Best-Rated Hedge Trimmers Here...
- Best-Rated Gas Hedge Trimmers Available Online – Top Picks
- Review of the Husqvarna 122HD45 Hedge Trimmer
- Husqvarna 122HD60 Review – Is This Gas Trimmer For You?
- Worx vs Black and Decker Trimmer – Read Our Detailed Comparison
- Makita LXHU02Z Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review
- Toro 51494 Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review
- Mantis DEHT19 Review
- Craftsman C3 CR2600 Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review