One of the standout features of the Remington RM5124TH hedge trimmer is its titanium blades. While the competition boasts double-edged and long blades, Remington is giving them a run for their money with the RM5124TH’s 24-width titanium-coated dual action blades.
Other features of this electric hedge trimmer include:
– 5 amp electric motor
– 180-degree rotating handle
– cushioned grip
– cord lock
– storage scabbard
– 3/4″ cutting capacity
What benefits should you expect given these features?
– Increased versatility. The rotating handle allows you to easily trim through branches without switching from one hand or position to another.
– Comfort. The handle is ergonomically designed. Plus, the grip is cushioned, thereby providing you a comfortable operation.
– Smooth operation. One of the disadvantages of electric hedge trimmers is that the cord can disconnect during trimming. With the Remington RM5124TH‘s cord lock feature, this won’t happen.
– Longer-lasting blades. Eventually, stainless steel blades wear out or lose their sharpness. This trimmer’s titanium-coated blades, however, stay sharper longer.
PROS and CONS of the Remington RM5124TH According to Consumers
We’ve read through the consumer reviews on the Remington RM5124TH, and this section summarizes the product’s PROS and CONS.
– Cuts not as clean as expected. Although this product “gets the job done” as one consumer has said, don’t expect a clean cut. In addition, while this trimmer is marketed to cut 3/4″, some consumers say that the motor can only cut about 3/8-1/2″ thick.
– Good for vertical cuts. Some consumers have praised the Remington RM5124TH’s swiveling arm and its 24-inch bar, which gives you plenty of reach and a “great help for long, vertical cuts.”
– Comfortable to use. This is lightweight to use.
– Tight cord. One consumer has made a comparison between this model and another brand. The consumer said that the Remington RM5124TH’s cord assembly won’t loosen with vibration.
BOTTOMLINE: The Remington RM5124TH Gets the Job Done with Some Minor Gripes
The Remington RM5124TH has received a high rating from consumers, which is generally a good sign.
But although this product is well-constructed and have plenty of torque, this is ideal only for light duty tasks. While it is advertised to have a 3/4″ cutting ability, some consumers say it can’t cut through thicker branches.
Overall, the Remington RM5124TH gets the job done.
More Reviews and Best-Rated Hedge Trimmers Here...
- Mantis DEHT19 Review
- Earthwise CVPH41018 Review – Is This 2-in-1 Tool a Good Choice?
- Black & Decker HH2455 Review – Is This Worth it?
- Earthwise HT10024 Electric Hedge Trimmer Reviewed
- Reviewed: Makita UH6570 25-Inch Electric Hedge Trimmer
- Greenworks 22262 Review – Does This Trimmer Deliver?
- Toro 51496 Review – Cordless 24-inch 24-volt Lithium-ion Hedge Trimmer
- Craftsman C3 CR2600 Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review