If there is one word that has come up in consumer reviews and feedback to associate the Husqvarna 122HD45, it’s the word “magic.” Boasting a powerful, yet low-noise engine, the 122HD45 feels like it’s a trimmer that even the pros would use and recommend.
But does this trimmer really cut like magic? This Husqvarna 122HD45 review answers this question.
Key features and benefits of this product include:
– Blade. 17.72 inches with a 4050 cut/min cutting speed. This means that with every passing, this power tool can cut more twigs and branches, making your job easier and faster.
– Smart Start. Not only is the engine noise-free, it also starts quickly with only minimal effort. Aside from that, an “Auto-return switch stop” feature automatically resets the switch to the “ON” position to facilitate starting.
– Air Purge. This feature allows removal of air from the fuel system and carburetor to make starting easier.
– Low Vib. We all know that the vibration caused by hedge trimmers can easily tire you off, which can affect the amount of work you can accomplish. With Husqvarna 122HD45‘s LowVib feature, expect that reduction of the stress your hands and arms will possibly absorb.
Consumer Feedback and Rating
The Husqvarna 122HD45 has fared well among consumers of Amazon, having received top ratings. However, from the reviews posted on Husqvarna’s official website, the rating is far from stellar.
Here are the pros and cons as summarized from the above-mentioned reviews.
– Lightweight. Both Husqvarna lovers and first-time users agree that this hedge trimmer is not heavy.
– Easy to start. It appears that all the hard work that Husqvarna has put in to make this unit easy to start has paid off. Consumers are happy that their HD45 is very easy to start.
– Quiet operation. Although one of the consumers said that this unit is “not as quiet as others I’ve owned,” more users have associated their HD45 with “low-noise” and “quiet operation.”
– Powerful. The 122HD45 has razor-sharp blades which allow users to cut through thick branches, although it might have issues with 2-inch limbs. As what one consumer has said, you can get a powerful sweeping motion without having to switch hands.
– Fuel line problems. Based from the older reviews, you may have issues with this product’s fuel lines.
VERDICT: Rated High on Amazon…BUT
While it’s true that the Husqvarna 122HD45 has been rated a perfect score on Amazon, we can’t ignore non-Amazon reviews. That said, sure, it’s powerful, easy-to-start, quiet, and lightweight. But one issue to consider includes fuel line problems.
More Reviews and Best-Rated Hedge Trimmers Here...
- Husqvarna 122HD60 Review – Is This Gas Trimmer For You?
- Poulan Pro PP2822 Review – Is This Gas-Powered Hedge Trimmer Worth It?
- Worx vs Black and Decker Trimmer – Read Our Detailed Comparison
- Oregon HT250 Hedge Trimmer Review
- Worx WG209 Review (Hedge Trimmer and Pruner)
- Earthwise CVPH41018 Review – Is This 2-in-1 Tool a Good Choice?
- Mantis DEHT19 Review
- Craftsman C3 CR2600 Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review