It’s already been established that gas types are more superior in power than their electric counterparts. But if you don’t have a big yard, or are not looking for a commercial-grade unit, an electric is the ideal purchase. For this reason, you may have an option in the form of the Makita UH6570, a 25-inch blade trimmer that weighs 8.4 lbs.
NOTE: As advertised, this unit comes from the United Kingdom.
What the Makita UH6570 Electric Hedge Trimmer Promises You…
– Less Fatigue. Many customers worry about a trimmer’s level of vibration, how well the unit’s weight is distributed, and how the grip is made. As advertised, the UH6570 has a “well-balanced design,” “engineered for lower vibration,” and has an “ergonomic grip design.” All of these features are aimed at providing user comfort and easy handling.
– Quiet Operation. This is an electric hedge trimmer, so expectedly, it should emit less noise that doesn’t disrupt the neighbors.
– Safety. This hedge trimmer is equipped with a two-hand operation switch, which prevents the motor from accidentally running by itself.
– Durability. While durability can be dependent on usage, this electric trimmer has two nice features that can make it last longer. First, it has a blade tip guard to prevent the blades from unnecessary damage. Second, it has a built-in clutch that reduces instances of gear damage.
What It Can Actually Do – Consumer Feedback
– Good for Tall Hedges. One buyer recommends that a “cheaper model” is ideal for smaller hedges. According to him, the Makita UH6570 has helped him with his cedar hedges that are “8 feet or more in height.” That said, the 25-inch blades give you an extra advantage by reducing cutting time and the need to reposition ladders.
– Positive Feedback on the Safety Feature. In general, consumers are happy with the two-hand safety switch. Not only does it prevent accidents, but it also helps with balance and control. Aside from that, the UH6570 has a “triple switching system.” This feature helps you safely perform different types of trim cuts — from flat cuts to vertical cuts.
– Performance. At least two buyers described this hedge trimmer as a “serious machine.” One called it a “monster.” It will trim or chew everything thrown to it, to borrow a buyer’s words. It can effortlessly cut through branches up to 3/8-inch thick.
– Downsides. Compared with other corded models, this unit is quite expensive. Check out the price here. Also, it can be a little heavier than the electric trimmers that you’ve been used to.
The Makita UH6570 is one of those more expensive electric hedge trimmers. But if you want a machine with superior cutting power, this model is for you. It can cut through branches with ease, and it can reduce cutting time if you’re tackling taller hedges.
More Reviews and Best-Rated Hedge Trimmers Here...
- Makita LXHU02Z Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review
- Black & Decker HH2455 Review – Is This Worth it?
- Earthwise HT10024 Electric Hedge Trimmer Reviewed
- Remington RM5124TH Hedge Trimmer Review
- Earthwise CVPH41018 Review – Is This 2-in-1 Tool a Good Choice?
- Mantis DEHT19 Review
- What is the Best String Trimmer? Our Top 7 Picks
- Best-Rated Cordless Hedge Trimmers – Top Picks